There is great need in the Charleston area for our senior population.
- Percentage of clients living alone: 82%
- Number of meals delivered daily: 525
- Total number of clients annually: 1,176
- Total number of meals served in 2016: 129,827
- Average number of referrals received weekly: 15
Some of our services currently include:
CASC maintains an Emergency Food Pantry located at 259 Meeting Street in Charleston
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
258 clients were served in our emergency food pantry in 2015.
Emergency food is available to anyone regardless of age.
Each client household receives enough food for one month.
Clients are asked to call ahead and make an appointment for food at 843.722.4127, Casey Robinson.
View our Non-Discrimination policy HERE
Transportation is provided to and from the CASC downtown site in fifteen-passenger vans. Transport is door-to-door service, primarily to the senior center and home - Monday through Friday.
Clients are urged to utilize mass transit and other systems for transportation needs whenever possible.